Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Bookfortheplanet.com (“BFP”). We provide the BFP Services described below subject to these Terms & Conditions
1. Limited License
BFP gives you a limited, revocable non-exclusive license to access this website and the content and services provided herein solely for the purpose of advertising a property, searching for a property, or for any other purpose clearly stated on this website, all in accordance with the Terms & Conditions. Any use of the website that is not for one of these purposes is expressly prohibited.
2.Content and Purpose
- The website Bookfortheplanet.com and any other microsite owned by us like our mobile applications (including the bookfortheplanet app) (referred as “the Web Site”) allow our users to search for unique accommodations.
- The Site is owned and operated by Kareen Reichenheim, owner of BOOK for the Planet.
- These terms will apply to everyone who simply views the Web site (“you”). These terms do not contain the rules and terms which may apply to the hire or use of accommodation.
- Please note that these terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Notification of any changes will be made by posting new terms onto the Site. In continuing to use the Site you confirm that you accept the then current terms and conditions in full at the time you use the Site.
BFP is a platform that creates an online marketplace where “PROPERTY OWNERS” can advertise their “PROPERTIES” and guests can search and book accommodations. BFP only advice a hand-selected list of properties and gets for this advice a Service Fee for each booking made through its Web Site.
BFP does not own, manage, or operate any of the accommodations listed on its platform nor is it an organizer or retailer of travel packages. Reservations made on the platform are between the Guests and the Hosts and BFP is not a party to this contract.
All the information regarding the accommodations listed on the platform is based on the information provided to us by the PROPERTY OWNERS. The PROPERTY OWNER is always responsible for the information disclosed on the listings. BFP cannot review or guarantee that the information is accurate and is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Each PROPERTY OWNER is solely responsible at all times for the quality, condition, safety, and legality of the accommodations advertised, accuracy and correctness of the listing information, including, but not limited to, the rates and availability displayed on the platform.
Please note that although BFP provides payment processing for the Service Fee, we are not responsible for the payment solutions themselves and are not responsible for the payment of the accommodation and the cancellation policy of the PROPERTY OWNERS.
4.Use of the website:
BOOK for the Planet does not give any warranty that use of the Website will be uninterrupted. Each user is responsible for their own computer equipment as well as for their internet connection enabling them to access our Website.
BOOK for the Planet does not give any warranty that the web site is free of bugs or other defects, an error or technical incident always being possible.
- Login with the Web site is currently free. In order to become a registered user you will have to provide basic personal information like your First name, name and E-mail. Certain services will only be available to registered users.
- You agree that all information supplied on registration is accurate and true and will be kept up to date at all times.
- You may not have more than one registration and we reserve the right at our discretion to delete or cancel the membership of any person who in our opinion possesses more than one registration at any time.
- You are not entitled to allow any other person to use your registration.
When you visit our website, contact us via it or send us an e-mail, you communicate with us electronically, i.e. you express your will to enter into an electronic form of communication with BFP.
Therefore, we will also communicate with you directly by e-mail or telephone or through your personal dashboard on our website.
Finally, the guest and host platform use the electronic form of communication to provide you with all announcements, especially, to organize payment, cancellation, help you with your arrival and stay in the selected property rental. It is also used by the Host to answer all your questions or provide you with the requested service.
7.Use and Abuse of the Site
- You must be 18 or over to use the Site.
- We also reserve the right at our discretion to terminate your registration and restrict your access to our services at any time for any reason.
- We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of the Web site, but not to download or modify it, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent.
In consideration of your use of the BFP Service, you agree to true and accurate information about yourself. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete, we reserve the right to suspend your account and refuse current or future use of the Services.
You agree that all the information of the PROPERTY presented on our platform will be accurate and up to date and that your accommodation and advertisement conforms to all applicable laws, taxes, and any other regulations. You are responsible for having appropriate civil liability insurance for your services, in accordance with the laws of the country, where the accommodation is located.
Please be aware that BFP reserves the right to refuse to list any accommodation at any time, for any reason, and without any liability to you.
10.BOOKING CONFIRMATION AND SERVICE FEE
Guests confirming the booking will be required to enter their credit card, or other payment method details, to pay the BFP Service Fee.The Service Fee will be charged when you confirm your reservation in order to pay our advice and to spend the agreed amount to the local charity. Note that credit card issuers and third-party payment processors may impose fees for currency conversions. BFP disclaims any responsibility for such fees.
Once the reservation is confirmed, we will share your information with the Host, and this will enable you to communicate directly with the Host to organise your travel and to organise the payment of the accommodation.
The parties acknowledge that a confirmed reservation is a binding agreement between the Host and the Guest and that BFP is not a party to such an Agreement but serves as a platform to list and show accommodations and request a 10 % Service Fee for each booking.
Guests or Hosts may cancel a reservation, but BFP is not responsible for any cancellation fees and refunds.
12.Guest Service Fees
BFP will charge service fees to Guests for the advice in each booking. The Guest Service Fee represent 10% of the sum of accommodation rates offered by the Host plus taxes applied. The Guest Service Fee is non-refundable.
13.PAYMENT OF THE SERVICE FEE
Guests warrant that they have the legal right and authority to utilize their credit card or other payment method and authorize BFP to charge such credit card or payment method in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. Guests hereby authorize the charge to their credit card or payment method, in the amount you authorized BFP which represent the Service fees owed to BFP.
14.Out-of-court dispute resolution
For the out-of-court settlement of disputes arising from a distance contract with a consumer, the EU Commission has set up an online dispute resolution platform available at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
In addition to the ODR platform, consumers can address complaints to the following conciliation body: www.verbraucher-schlichter.de
However, BOOK for the Planet is neither obliged nor willing to participate in an out-of-court consumer dispute resolution procedure.
Between the User and BOOK for the Planet, the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
Should individual provisions of these Terms and Conditions prove to be invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
If the user is a merchant according to the German Commercial Code (HGB), the parties agree that the place of performance and the exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be at the registered office of BOOK for the Planet.