Your stay at Picturesque family-owned salento Home
Set in the heart of Salento lies a picturesque property surrounded by a lush garden and fruit-producing trees. A main home and guesthouse (dependance) await visitors looking to enjoy a relaxing, quiet stay in a welcoming town. Enjoy fresh meat, seafood, pasta, and produce with a short walk to the town’s shops, sip on local wine at one of the many wineries, swim at the Adriatic Sea or the Ionian Sea, purchase goods from the locals, swim at the beach, the list continues for available activities that require minimal travel.
This home has a unique past that helps curate an incredible stay in Apulia. Once a tobacco factory, this remodeled building offers a cozy home filled with Argentinian furniture as an ode to the host's wife and modern amenities.
Fitted with four bedrooms and five bathrooms, the main home is a perfect spot for families and friend groups. In comparison, the guest house is ideal for romantic couple stays with one bedroom and bathroom available. Rent the whole property, and you can enjoy a family gathering, business trip, or large group get-together on the property.
Craft meals in the full kitchen, sit in the peaceful garden, and swim in the pool; this home offers endless options. With full access to anything in the house, you'll feel at home, away from home, at this cozy getaway.
WHAT TO DO
Spending time on the beach, swimming in the sea or the pool, visiting small wineries, shopping, exploring, purchasing local goods like textiles and ceramics, renting boats, and trying the local food like orecchiette are all found at the property or nearby via a short bicycle ride.
WHY WE LIKE THIS DESTINATION
· Situated in the charming village of Salento, the main home and guesthouse sit nestled among a beautiful lush garden and fruit trees that offer fresh fruit to enjoy. Incredible views await guests at this property, creating a welcoming environment for all.
· The host has worked hard to provide an eco-friendly stay by adding solar panels to the home, creating an irrigation system that helps collect the water, and tending to the garden on site.
· Patrizio (the host) offers a flexible stay based on your individual needs. From renting the main house or guesthouse to enjoying the entire property, you'll find a comfortable getaway in this remodeled cigar factory.
· Salento is an incredible area with locals who want to show how proud they are of their town. Their impressive hospitality has garnered many new residents in Salento who weren't looking for a new place to live. One visit and you'll also want to move to this incredible Italian town.
· Make sure to visit the local farmers market on Saturdays, as vendors travel from nearby villages and cities to provide fresh groceries for market-goers like milk, vegetables, fish, and more. This market is an ideal way to get to know the locals and enjoy high-quality food.
- Outdoor pool
- Wash machine
- Completely enclosed
- Travelling with children
- Culture lover
- Beach lover
The host has almost managed to balance energy input and output; sustainable energy practices are used throughout the home; water is gathered for the home using an irrigation process that takes water from the soil; a vegetable garden and fruit trees surround the home offering fresh produce; four bicycles are available for use on the property as an eco-friendly travel method for guests.